Thursday, August 19, 2010

Music

Seems that the Genomic Repairman is having a music crisis. Here, I have over 120 GB of music, with very little I wish to listen to. However, I do have a few bands that I have on my iPod which I've turned to.

1. Them Crooked Vultures - A sweet mix of Queens of the Stone Age (Josh Homme), Nirvana/Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl), and Led Zeppelin (John Paul Jones). What isn't to like about this super band?

2. Queens of the Stone Age - Awesome beats, kick-butt lyrics.

3. Shinedown - Sound of Madness, awesome song.

4. Brand New - Daisy and The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me are two of the best albums of the first decade of the new millenium.

5. Beastie Boys - And if you don't like it, then hey **** you!

6. Here Come the Mummies - Most people will not have heard of this band, but if you love funk ... you'll love these guys. And they'll love you right back!

1 comment:

microbiologist xx said...

Hells yeah. Queens of the Stone Age are totally freaking awesome and I really don't think you can go wrong with the BBoys.
I usually turn to The Beatles or Radiohead. Lately I've been on a huge Doves kick.