Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My hatred of BP ...

... grows by the minute.

BP "oil containment practices" threatening extremely endangered wildlife populations.
"They drag a boom between two shrimp boats, and whatever gets caught between the two boats, they circle it up and catch it on fire. Once the turtles are in there, they can’t get out," Ellis said.

Ellis said he had to cut short his three-week trip rescuing the turtles because BP quit allowing him access to rescue turtles before the burns.
... and ...
Ellis said most of the turtles he saw were Kemps Ridley turtles, a critically endangered species. Harming or killing one would bring stiff civil and criminal penalties and fines of up to $50,000 against BP.
$50,000? Chump change for BP at this point.

I will NEVER buy gas from a BP station ever again. EVER.

2 comments:

Genomic Repairman said...

I don't buy gas from the bp stations but I do go inside the convenience store. Thanks to the boycott I can get an ICEE in record time thanks to no line at the register.

RPS77 said...

BP didn't have much of a presence in my area until the past year, when several BP stations have appeared within 20 miles. They couldn't have chosen a worse time as far as public image goes - I wonder how the stations are doing.