Monday, February 09, 2009

The Grammy's

I consider award shows a total waste of time. Waste. Of. Time. However, after watching Be Kind Rewind last night (Netflix rocks), I switched back over to the television and came across the Grammy's. So I decided to watch for a bit. I think I hit the Disney segment because both Miley Cyrus (can't stand her) and the Jonas Brothers (can't stand them) both did performances. However, I noticed something interesting ... it appears that Disney couldn't just get them up on stage to perform. Instead they actually had to have their acts chaperoned. Miley had to sit next to the much more talented Taylor Swift, and the Jonas Brothers had to act like fools next to Stevie Wonder. I hope both of these kidlet acts never succeed outside of Disney's purview.

1 comment:

microbiologist xx said...

I agree 100% about the grammy's (and any other award show for that matter), but I did watch this year because I wanted to see Radiohead perform. While waiting for them to come on I sat through the excruciating Disney tweens. I wasn't really expecting much of anything, since these peoples careers are based on the likes and dislikes of 9-13 year olds, but I did think they could at least learn the words to the songs. Guess not. One of those brothers, who cares which one, didn't know the words to the PART of the Stevie Wonder song he was in charge of ruining. This was exactly the slap in the face I needed for watching such a stupid broadcast in the first place.