Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There Can Be Only One!

In graduate school I used to sometimes go by the nickname "The Highlander". It wasn't a name I gave to myself, it was given to me ... I mean really, who gives themselves that sort of nickname? At any rate, I received that nickname because when I used to do transformations, sometimes I'd wind up with one colony ... which happened to contain the exact product I needed, or if I screened multiple clones they'd all fail except for one ... which happened to contain the exact product I needed. If it had happened once, no big deal ... but I seemed to have had a penchant for pulling that one clone trick multiple times.Nice to see I haven't lost my touch.

3 comments:

Ivan Privaci said...

Well, it's not MUCH of a superpower, but at least it's a useful one...

microbiologist xx said...

Well...at least you only need one. :)

Tom said...

Epicanis, agreed. If I had to choose a superpower, I'd pick this one. It makes life in the lab a lot easier.

MXX, at least this time I did. I've never had a situation where I needed two. :)