Friday, April 17, 2009

Linkage ...

... to some web-based resources I've had to use lately.

Libshuff (Sequence Library Comparison) - To determine whether or not your various DNA (in my case microbial) libraries are statistically similar or not. It's hosted by UGA.

DNADIST - In order to use the web-based program above, you need a DNA distance matrix file. It's a part of the Phylip package. There is an online resource for this though hosted by the Pasteur Institute (which is what is linked above).

Or, if you don't want to use libshuff like I am, you can use UniFrac.

3 comments:

microbiologist xx said...

Do you by any chance have access to Current Protocols in Microbiology?

Tom said...

I might, I'd have to check. What do you need?

microbiologist xx said...

Sorry to take so long getting back. I couldn't remember which post I asked this question in.
I am specifically looking for this:
Curr Protoc Microbiol. 2009 Feb;Chapter 9:Unit9A.1.
It's on C. diff
If you can get a PDF, send it to: microbio.xx at gmail.com

I seem to have access to every other current protocols, just not microbiology. :) Thanks for checking.