Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another Metropolitan ...

... to eventually be enshrined in the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Former Mets catcher, Mike Piazza retired today.
But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn’t have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.
Bold emphasis mine, which means hopefully he'll go into the HoF as a Metropolitan, which will double the total number of Metropolitan representatives in the HoF. Especially since the HoF screwed Mets fans when they slapped an Expos cap on Gary Carter's plaque.

At any rate, thanks for the memories Mike.

No comments: