Monday, June 02, 2008

Ladies, I Don't Want To Hear It

So, this weekend I earned from serious credits with the wife by attending the Sex and the City movie with her. I've never seen the show so I was a bit lost about all the relationships, but being the smart cookie I am, I managed to figure out enough to make sense of the movie.

But I don't want to talk about the movie. I want to talk about the women (the audience was about 90% female, the other 10% being husbands, boyfriends, or guys trying to impress a particular girl to become her bf) who came to see the movie. I have never, ever seen so many black dresses in my life. My better half informed me that such getups were no doubt a homage to the Season One DVD. My reply: Dorks. All. Of. Them. More then a few also smelled of alcohol, probably from all the Cosmopolitans they downed prior to driving their drunk asses to the movie theater. Still dorky.

At any rate, I never want to hear a woman mock the dweebs who attend Star Wars movies dressed as Stormtroopers, Darth Vader or C3PO. I don't want to hear them make fun of a guy who wears a comic book-themed t-shirt to his favorite comic book-inspired movie. Yes, those people are dorks too ... but now women don't have the moral authority to express that opinion.

Amazing how a single movie can level the playing field, eh?

No comments: