Thursday, June 12, 2008

The pain ...

... it continues. So it's actually been, like, three whole days in a row! that I've biked into work. The morning commute, not so bad, especially after I bought a pair of bar ends, which allow me to achieve a more comfortable, forward-leaning position. The ride home, almost totally unbearable. The heat washes up from the asphalt, there is a dry, hot, stiff wind that blows in my face almost the entire time ... and all the loonies are out in full force. You'd think people have never seen a bicyclist before. Anyways, I also bought a rear light while I was at it, and not a moment too soon as I had to ride into work in some heavy fog this morning. The most difficult part is still dragging my ass out of bed at 5:30 am. Fortunately I've been making lunch the night before, so all I have to do is get dressed, pack up the bike, let the dogs out to pee, put them back in, and then head on down the road for my 35 minute ride.

Who knew reducing your carbon footprint would be such a pain in the ass?

No comments: