Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Celebrity Drama ...

... I'm sure everyone saw this coming. But come on ...
Kate said that the pressures of fame were not a cause of their marital problems. “I believe that it’s a chapter that probably would have played out had the world been watching or not.”
Perhaps, but perhaps not. When your dirty laundry is aired in public, it is much harder to reconcile. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone does stupid things, some even do things that they clearly should not have done. Part of the benefit of living a private life is that you are eventually (hopefully) able to put such things behind you. When you seek fame and fortune, your past tends to follow you wherever you go. That cannot make it easy to move beyond things.

On another note ... who the hell is Perez Hilton, and why do we give a crap about him? Another example of the famous for being famous crowd. And what a hypocrite to boot. He slams Carrie Prejean for her stumble on his gay rights question at the Miss America Beauty Pageant, and then he calls Will.I.Am a faggot? For real. What a tool.

2 comments:

microbiologist xx said...

I am so tired of all of this bullshit. I don't care if these people stay married, get divorced, decide to become swingers, etc. I don't know them and as a result cannot muster up any interest in their life. Of course, I don't watch the show either, as I don't find having a litter of children an interesting topic.
And yes, Perez Hilton is a tool. Actually, anyone who gossips for a living is a tool.

Tom said...

I don't have cable, so the only way I find out about all this drama is by FOXNews. Ironic if you ask me.