Saw this "10 Things NOT TO DO in New York City" interactive and had to take a peek. Being a New York native I was interested in seeing what things I should never have done when in the city.
I can agree with eight. The two I disagree on:
1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with dirty-water dogs. Hell, the dirtier the water, the better the dog!
2. Nothing wrong with shopping at Macy's either, especially during the Christmas season. Their windows are the best of the bunch, and the entire top floor becomes Santa's Workshop.
As a matter of fact, if you must travel to NYC, do it during the Christmas season. Yes, it'll be a friggin zoo, but there are a few reasons to do so (a handful of them below).
1. The stink is less. I guess the cold air keeps that wet garbage smell away from the nostrils.
2. The entire city is lit up like a Christmas tree. The shops all have their windows decorated, Macy's has their Santa's Workshop up and going too.
3. Nothing like visiting FAO Schwarz during the holidays!
4. Rockefeller Center, Tree and Ice Rink.
5. The stink is less.
Oh, and Rocco's rocks!