Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Ho boy ...

Kerfluffle over PETA ad. Bill Donahue is about as bombastic an individual as you'll ever meet, so I'm sure PETA is thrilled that he's on the case. Mr. Donahue's problem is, he seems to fail to realize that every time he rails against something, he only gives those people more exposure. He fell into this trap with Dr. Pharyngula, he's falling for it here. Let the idiots have their rambling, don't give them their fifteen minutes of fame too.

It's typical PETA crappola, but this really caught my eye:
Krupa issued a statement responding to the Catholic League, saying: "As a practicing Catholic, I am shocked that the Catholic League is speaking out against my PETA ads. I'm doing what the Catholic Church should be doing, working to stop senseless suffering of animals, the most defenseless of God's creation."
Wow. I guess Ms. Krupa doesn't keep up with the times, and seems to overlook the generation-long struggle of the Pro-Life movement. I would not be surprised if Bill Donahue points out the unborn and asks if they're not defenseless too? If he doesn't, he's just a loud idiot.

Besides, given that St. Francis of Assisi (Patron Saint of Animals and the Environment) is such a celebrated figure in Catholic circles, I really find the charge leveled by Ms. Krupa a bit odd.

No comments: