Sunday, December 20, 2009

You Could Have It So Much Better

by: Franz Ferdinand

The last message you sent,
said I looked really down,
that I oughta come over,
and talk about it.
Well ... I wasn't down,
I just wasn't smiling at you, yeah.
As I look at you now it seems,
that you're slapping my back,
as if it's alright,
but its not.

I'm trying to get up,
but you're pushing me down,
oh yeah, you're pushing me down,
so I'll get up on my own.

Now there's some grinning goon,
on my TV screen.
Telling us all that
it's alright ... because
she wears this,
and he said that,
and if you get some of these,
it'll all be alright.

Well I refuse
to be a cynical goon.
Passing the masses
an easy answer.
Because it won't be alright,
Oh no it won't be alright,
it won't be alright,
unless you get up,
come on and get up!

Well I'm just a voice in your earpiece,
telling you no it's not alright.
You know you could have it so much better,
You could have it so much better.
If you tried. If you tried. If you tried.

Get up on your own!

No comments: