Thursday, December 03, 2009

Home Owner Associations

Can suck it. I'll never live in a development that has one. In this particular case (linked to) it's simple, just write a provision that says Medal of Honor recipients can have a vertical flag pole limited to 21 feet in height. End of story, you stupid asshats.

Yah, yah, yah ... there are benefits to living in a development with HOA's, I know. But they can also be invasive as all get out, and the fact that a group of asshat neighbors with potential axes to grind can slap a lien on your house? To hell with that!

2 comments:

Genomic Repairman said...

My parents move into one and never signed the HOA contract and it was never there closing contract about doing it. They have tried to wreak havoc on them, but my parents took them to court and got completely out of it. I don't know why they are bitching, they keep the grass mowed, the landscaping neat, don't park a gutted Chevette in the front yard. However they did build a dock dropping the number of which the HOA could permit and seriously pissing them off. HOA's are like the government but run by older nitwits who are suprisingly more adept at controlling your life.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.